Monday, November 30, 2009

bewsey family thanksgiving

My Mopsey (my grandma) asked me to do the thanksgiving decorations this year. I felt a little intimidated by this task because there were going to be around 35 people at thanksgiving dinner and they are all very artistic. . . so I wanted to do something new and fresh. I have been seeing a lot of succulent plants being used lately in arrangements, and I have started a petite obsession with succulents as well. So i thought i would give it a try. My Aunties let my borrow some of their pedestal dishes and then i headed out to Lowe's to collect my succulents. . . then Micheal's. . . then Trader Joe's for the fruits and vegetables. Fortunately my husband and I live near a lot of tree fruit farms so i was able to pick the persimmons up at local fruit stand. . .25 cents a piece is much better that 2.00 dollars a piece.

My cousin and her husband now own an event rental company so we were able to use their beautiful chairs.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing!!! it should be in real simple mag or martha stewart! Very impressed... love you al!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so artistic! I love your work! This Thanksgiving decor was the best! Can't wait to see what you do next...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this so much. Everything about it.

    ReplyDelete